PREP TIME: 7 MINUTES | SERVES: 1 | SKILL: MEDIUM
- 60ml bourbon or Scotch whisky
- 20ml sugar syrup
- 25ml lemon juice
- 20ml fresh egg white
- 3 dashes Angostura bitters
- cubed ice
- Boston shaker glass
- Boston shaker can
- hawthorn strainer
- lemon squeezer
- rocks glass
- Pour the whiskey, lemon juice, egg white and sugar syrup into the cocktail shaker.
- Cover and shake well without ice to emulsify the egg white.
- Open the shaker and fill with ice.
- Shake again until thoroughly chilled.
- Strain into a rocks glass filled with fresh ice.
- Garnish with a maraschino cherry and lemon wedge.