PREP TIME: 5 MINUTES | SERVES: 1 | SKILL: EASY
- 10ml sugar syrup
- 3 dashes Angostura bitters
- cubed ice
- orange twist
- 60ml Bourbon or rye
- chilled rocks glass
- chilled mixing glass
- shot measure
- bar spoon
- hawthorne strainer
- Pour the bourbon, syrup and bitters into the chilled stirring glass.
- Fill the stirring glass half with ice.
- Stir the liquid for at least 3 minutes. This doesn’t have to be constant stirring but the liquid needs enough time with the ice to reduce the temperature.
- Fill a rocks glass with ice.
- Strain the liquid into the ice-filled glass.
- Garnish with an orange twist.